The Mid-South Commercial Law Institute has elected five new directors to its Board, effective February 23, 2017, to serve five-year terms:
• Mike Abelow (Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison, PLC, Nashville, TN)
• David P. Cañas (Thompson Burton PLLC, Franklin, TN)
• Ruthie Hagan (Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C., Memphis, TN)
• Craig Smith (Miller & Martin, PLLC, Chattanooga, TN)
• Shanna Veach (Career Law Clerk to Hon. Suzanne H. Bauknight, Knoxville, TN)
The full Board numbers twenty-five (25) Members, including those listed above.
The following individuals will serve as officers for the next year:
• President – Donald (Don) M. Wright (Sirote & Permutt, PC, Birmingham, AL)
• Vice President/President-Elect – Jeffrey W. Maddux (Chambliss Law, Chattanooga, TN)
• Secretary - Nancy B. King (Career Law Clerk to the Hon. Randal S. Mashburn, Nashville, TN)
• Treasurer – Nick Foster (Trial Attorney, U.S. Dept. of Justice, Chattanooga, TN)
• Immediate Past President – Courtney Gilmer (Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, Nashville, TN)
Institute President Don Wright commented on the new Board Members and Officers: “The Board is already hard at work planning for our 2017 seminar, and I am excited about the talent and energy that our new Directors and Officers bring to the table. We are making every effort to, once again, present a top quality program featuring nationally recognized speakers.” Each year the non-profit Institute conducts an advanced two-day CLE seminar on commercial and bankruptcy law in Nashville, TN. The next seminar, which attracts nationally known scholars, judges, and lawyers, will be November 30 and December 1, 2017. More information about the Institute and its annual seminar can be found at www.midsouthseminar.org.